Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Ahh....the first day of Spring and the sights and sounds of snow plows ringing in my ears......
I hope you're doing well   - it has been a while since I've blogged but I have been diligent about creating - lots of new paintings, mostly plein air, done on site.  I recently made a trip with my painting buddies to Puerto Rico and was so refreshed by the vibrant colors and leisure ambiance of Latin America.  I will post an image of one of my favorites this winter, 'Harmony'.

Along with lots of painting, I've been creating jewelry.  Maybe because of being surrounded by snow for months, I've been really enjoying putting colors together in some new combinations along with lots of textures.  I will post an image of a necklace that has the chunky and funky look.

I'm getting ready to open my studio as one of the 8 sites of the Lake Minnetonka Studio Tour - to be held on Sat. and Sun., May 4 and 5 from 10-6p.m.  There will be 22 accomplished artists involved. The link to the website where the map and brochure is available is: www.LakeMntka-StudioTour.com

I will have original and giclees of oil paintings, framed and unframed, notecards and of course, lots of jewelry.  I hope you can come by.   If you would like to come by my gallery at another time, email me at marlamullaneyart@yahoo.com  I would welcome your visit.

Thanks and enjoy your 1st day of Spring - and every one of those 4 degrees! 
Marla

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home