Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hi there! Thanks for checking in....

It's a rainy morning here and a perfect day to work on paintings from my trip to Puerto Rico.  I came back from my trip with fresh colors and new images swimming through my imagination.  It's so fun to be re-energized!

I'm also getting ready for some art shows, the first is just 10 days from now.  I will have my art with original oil paintings, as well as giclee reproductions, notecards from some of the paintings, and of course my fun and funky jewelry.  Here's a list of the art shows that I have scheduled so far this year:

April 2, Saturday  - "60 Artists on 50th" 10-5p.m.  located at Burroughs Community School,  1601 50th St. South, (between France & Lyndale on the south side).

April 30 and May 1 - Lake Minnetonka Arts Tour  10-6 p.m. on Sat., 10-5 on Sunday.  My studio is site no. 6.  I will have all my art displayed as well as new jewelry creations.   This is my 4th year of participating, but my first year to have a guest artist.  Sandy Curtis, a good friend and wonderful stained glass artist will be showing at my studio with me.

May 20, 21, 22  "Art-A-Whirl" (Northeast Mpls. Arts Assn.) I am excited to participate in this huge event  for the first time.  My art, notecards and jewelry will be shown at the Q.arma Bldg, site no. J8, located at  1224 Quincy St. NE Mpls.

Sept. 10, 11th - Edina Fall into the Arts Festival, at Centennial Lakes.  This is a wonderful show in a    gorgeous setting.  I will be located on the lower area, by the lake.  I always enjoy this show, it  has a gentle, leisurely feeling to it.


I hope all is well with you, and again thanks for checking in - I will post the paintings that I finish from Puerto Rico as I complete them.   Best,  Marla

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home